Thursday, April 28, 2011

Poem Just For the Heck of It

So, a couple days ago, my friend and I were lamenting over the loss of "the loves of our lives." They aren't really the love of our lives, because we only met them in a couple days or, worse, 20 seconds. We then decided to write a poem expressing our heartbroken selves. She wrote about some guy in Hometown Buffet and I wrote about a guy I met in badminton games. My friends and I were laughing over the poems, because they seemed so silly. So here it is! By the way, the person's name in my poem is Wilter.

My Loss

Your hair, your eyes, your nails
It is all my loss.
When I saw you, my arms grew tails.
When I talked to you, I felt like I needed to floss.
I met you last year in a badminton game
And it was like love at first sight.
I won't see you again, and it won't be the same.
So, like a stalker, I'll find you with all my might.
But I can't do that,
Because there is too many people to count.
Instead, I'll have a cat,
Which is depressing and dount.
No, that isn't a word.
That tells you how sad I am.
So sad I could buy a Ford,
So sad I could call myself Pam.
I'll never see you again, Wilter
And as I write this poem, my roses will wilter.

No comments:

Post a Comment